Feature patches and Postgres minor versions

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Feature patches and Postgres minor versions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I looked at the patches directory, and saw the "feature patch" there
intended to add 'LIMIT' to the syntax of SELECT.

According to the README, feature patches add functionality, which is
something minor versions (like 6.4.1) will not do. So there are two
separate paths of upgrade here - bug fixes (through the minor versions) and
feature enhancement.

My question - how can I do both? The patch is supposed to be applied to a
clean 6.4. If I upgrade to 6.4.1, do I have to give up the extra
functionality? Or will there be a new version of the feature patch to be
applied to 6.4.1?

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.